- R.E. Barker was appointed Chief of Police for Dryden’s first police force it consisted of one man. His salary was $60.00 per month. His duties consisted of collecting a pole tax, inspecting chimneys, sanitary inspection, school janitor, dog licensing, prisoner meals as well as some electrician duties.
- Barker was dismissed only to be re-appointed until the end of the year at which time W. Turnbull and T. Hatch were hired for the position of Chief and Deputy Chief.
- T. Colliss who remained in the same position until 1928 replaced Barker.
- Thomas Cunningham became Chief and records indicate that he was terminated around the middle of 1932. In October Frank Russell became Chief and remained there until 1943 and which time he was replaced by Fred Schnider who in turn was replaced by John Stovel in 1947.
- The By-Law 398 was drawn up on June 17, which meant that Dryden Council entered into an agreement with the OPP. The OPP would place three of its members there who would take over the policing in the town of Dryden for the remainder of the year. The town was to supply office equipment, office space, telephones, cells; etc… the OPP would supply the cruiser. The contracts were renewed annually until 1955 when a decision to hire a town force was made.
- There was a massive expansion of the paper mill that was under way. Mayor J.S. Skillen and council decided to form the Dryden Police Force. RCMP Sgt. E.A. Stanley, of Winnipeg was contacted to establish a four-man force. The first four members were:
- RCMP Cpl. G.A Adams
- Officer B.G. Busch
- RCMP Cst. J.A. Riley
- Meter Inspector Bill Doyle
For the first few months there was very little equipment, civilian clothes were worn, there was one flashlight and two .32 caliber Colt revolvers. Patrol was done by foot until June when a 1955 two-door Chevy Sedan was purchased. Uniforms were issued in July, part of this uniform were long gray overcoats designed after those worn by the Winnipeg Police Department in the winter. The tail of this coat was about 12 inches from the ground.
May 13th and 14th Cst. Riley patrolled with the OPP, Csts. Burette and Fulford in the evening shift. On May 15th the Dryden Police Force officially took over at 0001 hours.
- L.V. Cann was hired. Bill Doyle resigned as meter inspector on June 3rd, 1957 and Lance Henry replaced him in July.
In January two Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolvers were purchased.
- Cst. Busch resigned; George W. Hughes filled this vacancy. In August Cst. Adams resigned and W. Newton filled his position. Newton left in 1959 and was replaced by G.G Mason, who was only with the force for six weeks.
- E.A. Slattery was hired in October and he resigned in November. G. Barker joined the force in January 1960.
- March 31 Chief Stanley resigned and was replaced by Ed Rogers. April 25 W.D. Kozluk replaced Cst. Cann and in May Cpl. Riley was promoted to Sgt. and Cst. Hughes to first class Cst.
D.F. Lotze replaced, meter inspector, L. Henry in June. On June 30th Cst. R.W. Hall was hired.
- Both Cst. Hall and Cst. Barker left in February 1961. To fill the vacancies left by Cst. Hall and Cst. Barker, William Durkin and George Boissonnealt were hired. Cst. Durkin terminated his employment with the force in September and was replaced by Robert Essery. Cst. Grant was also hired in 1961.
- In October Cst. Hughes was promoted to Cpl. At this time the force consisted of the Chief, Sergeant, corporal and four constables as well as the meter inspector.
- In April R.A. Murry replaced Cst. Kozluk, and the first secretary, Jean Croft, was hired. In the spring Cst. Essery and Cst. Boissonnealt became the first officers to attend Police College in Aylmer. In the winter of ’63 all members of the Dryden Police Force received First Aid training as well they all competed in many competitions.
- In January Cpl. Hughes attended the Police College in Aylmer. In June Essery joined the Winnipeg Police Force and was replaced by Russel Vilk, who was with the force until 1965. Sgt. Riley was promoted to Deputy Chief in December also Cpl. Hughes was promoted to Sgt.
- Cst. Vilk was replaced by Jake Pete in May and very shortly afterwards Cst. Pete handed in his resignation September Cst. Murry began a six-month battle with leukemia and died in March. He was buried in uniform at a police funeral and badge #3 was retired. His replacement was Wm.M. Wickham who was with the force until October 1967.
- In October Cst. Grant submitted his resignation and OPP Cst. Fred O. Emisch was hired. At the end of 1966 the force consisted of the Chief, Sergeant, six constables, the meter inspector and the police secretary.
- Sam W. Hawrychuck and Owen W. Callaghan were hired in May and June. Gary W. Obee filled the vacancy left by Wickham in October. By the end of 1967 there had been purchases of additional service revolvers, two scuba suits, a second cruiser, a tape recorder and the first radar set.
- In October Wendy McCarl (Sherwood) resigned and was replaced by Dorothy Smith who remained with the force until September 1971, when Wendy McCarl returned to her old position.
- Robert G. Imrie and Nelson Umphress were hired on after the sudden resignations of Csts. Miller and Sveinsson. Umphress resigned after a short period of time and Robert S. Derry joined the Dryden P.D. in September.
- George Boissonnealt became the Dryden P.D’s first Breathalyzer operator. Tests were conducted at the OPP office until 1974 with the purchase of the Borkenstien Breathalyzer. In March Cost. McMonagle was presented with his 20 year long service medal.
- Installation of a radiotelephone, flashing grill lights and emergency equipment for the unmarked cruiser were purchased. At the end of the year two special cruisers were purchased.
- In 1973 Cst. Hughes qualified as a Breathalyzer operator. Ron G. Major was hired in April. In November Cst. Hawrychuck resigned and R. Ted Grouette was hired.
- OPP Cst. Al Keeler joined the Dryden Police and he resigned in 1978. At this time the Police force had made many new purchases which included, service revolvers, shovels, wrecking bars, flares, crowbars for the cruisers, a roof rack with flashing red lights and transistorized siren for the marked car, three gas masks, a Breathalyzer machine, a vacuum cleaner for the cars and photocopiers. Cst. McMonagle also received his 25-year service bar.
- 1976 Csts. Derry and Obee were recognized for service in subduing a person with a rifle and in 1977 Csts. Grouette and McMonagle received and award of appreciation for their actions in subduing a man with a knife without injury. Strikes at the paper mill meant that extra patrols were required to keep traffic moving etc. In January 1977 Gordon Lysen was hired and in April resigned due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Also in that year the police force moved from 64 King to 54 Kirkpatrik Ave. during renovations.
- The secretarial staff had remained constant until Wendy McCall resigned. The replacement secretary was Nancy Potts, who remained with the force until 1981. In June Al Keeler was replaced by Peter Burgstaler, who was only with the force for a couple of weeks. Terry D. Spicer joined the force in June to fill the vacancy. Sgt. Hughes was presented with his 20 year service medal.
- The newly renovated office at 64 King opened it doors to the public on March 1. The new office also contained the Building Inspector as well as the Dryden Fire Department. The new office also had modern communication systems and new personnel additions. Marg Dunlop, Rick Schell, Rita Anderson, Laurette Rivard and Ottoline Wilton (part-time) joined the force as its first radio operators. In April Cst. Lysen submitted his resignation and was replaced by OPP Special Cst. Kenneth A. Lovenuk on May 14th. Doug Horn was hired in August.
- Heather Loutit was hired as a part-time radio operator to replace Mary Vahovic. Heather returned to university and was replaced by Deborah Brown. In April Rick Schell resigned and Linda Selman replaced him.
- In April Brown resigned and Laurie Soucie was hired. Also Shayne MacKinnon was taken on. In October Dwain Shankorik joined when it was obvious that Cst. McMonagle would not be able to return to work due to injuries sustained on the job. Elizabeth Gangloff, former OPP radio dispatcher was hired to replace Nancy Potts in September.
- April 11 Gary Obee was appointed Community Service/ Court Officer for a two-year term. The force also purchased a roadside alert Breathalyzer, CPIC machine, height and weight scales, office intercom system, a visu-print kit, a microwave oven, transistorized sirens and loud hailers for both cruisers, a new radar set, a 35 mm camera, photocopier and other office equipment during 1982.
- Robert S. Derry was appointed Community Service/ Court Officer. Csts. Derry and Emisch were recognized for an arson investigation they carried out which lead to the conviction of a local man on mischief charges.
- Don Lotze retired and was replaced by James D. Pearson.
- Robert G. Imrie became Community Service/ Court Officer. Csts. Emisch and Derry received their 20 year awards of merit.
- Constables Owen Callaghan and Gary Obee received their 20-year merit awards. Michelle Lobreau was hired as a secretary. Chief John Riley retired after 32 years service in Dryden and was replaced by Chief Russell Philips.
- In July Robert Imrie received his 20-year merit award