The Dryden Regional Airport was built in partnership with the Town of Dryden and Transport Canada. The Airport opened July 1969. On January 31, 1996, the full ownership of the Airport was transferred from Transport Canada to the Corporation of the City of Dryden. A certified facility, it meets the requirements of TP312E for a Code 3C Non-precision Runway for runway 12-30 and has a total land area of 238 hectares. The Airport has one paved 6,000 foot primary runway 12-30 with ILS capability and an air terminal building providing some 1100 square meters of space.
The Airport serves a population in excess of 35,000 with the City of Dryden being the largest Centre. Dryden, which has a population of approximately 8,000 residents and is located on the TransCanada Highway at the midpoint between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, some 350 kms from each in the heart of Northwestern Ontario. The Airport is located approximately 10 km north of the City of Dryden and continues to be municipally owned and operated.